The Raspberry Pi Model B+ is the latest product in Pi family and has many improvements over the 2016 Pi 3 Model B. These improvements include an increase in the processing power and WiFi speed, and the addition of Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) capability.
The Raspberry Pi is a credit card-sized computer that plugs into your TV & a keyboard. It is a capable little computer which can be used in electronics projects, and for many of the things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word processing, browsing the internet, and playing games. It also plays high-definition video.
This is the third generation of the Raspberry Pi. It can provide the same features as the previous Pi but now with a quite faster processor, double the RAM, better connectivity with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), and BCM43143 WiFi on board. In addition, the Pi 3 comes with enhanced power management with an upgrade switched power source up to 2.5 Amps in order to support more powerful external USB devices.
The advanced/exclusive features in Pi 3 Model B+are:
- Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 (ARMv8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.4GHz
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN
- Bluetooth 4.2, Blue Low Energy (BLE)
- Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0 (maximum throughput 300 Mbps)
- Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support (requires separate PoE HAT)
- 1 GB RAM
- 4 USB ports
- 40 GPIO pins
- Full HDMI port
- Ethernet port
- Combined 3.5mm audio jack & composite video
- Camera Interface (CSI)
- Display interface (DSI)
- Micro SD card slot (now push-pull rather than push-push)
- VideoCore IV 3D graphics core