This GY-521 is a small, thin, 3-axis accelerometer, it is based on MPU6050 and comes with with a high resolution of 13-bit. The module can be used in mobile device applications to measure the static acceleration of gravity in tilt-sensing applications, as well as dynamic acceleration resulting from motion or shock. This powerful module has several sensing functions:
- Activity and inactivity sensing: can detect the presence or lack of motion by comparing the acceleration on any axis exceeds a user-set level.
- Tap sensing: detects single and double taps in any direction.
- Free-fall sensing: that detects if the device is falling.
Low power modes enable intelligent motion-based power management with threshold sensing and active acceleration measurement at extremely low power dissipation. The breakout has the following specifications:
- Size: 3 mm × 5 mm × 1 mm
- Ultra-low power: as low as 23 µA in measurement mode
- Module supply voltage range: 4.0 V to 6 V
- I/O voltage range: 1.7 V to 3.6V
- SPI and I2C interfaces
- Temperature Range: (−40°C to +85°C)
- Shock Survival: 10,000 g
Get to know more by checking out the datasheet here.