The Raspberry Pi is a credit card-sized computer that plugs into your TV & a keyboard. It is a capable little computer which can be used in electronics projects, and for many of the things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word processing, browsing the internet, & playing games. It also plays high-definition video.
This is the third generation of the Raspberry Pi. It can provide the same features as the pervious Pi but now with a quite faster processor, double the RAM, a better connectivity with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), and BCM43143 WiFi on board. In addition, the Pi 3 has an enhance power management with an upgrade switched power source up to 2.5 Amps in order to support more powerful external USB devices.
The advanced/exclusive features in Pi 3 are:
- 2 GHz 64-bit quad-core ARMv8 CPU
- 11n Wireless LAN
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- 1 GB RAM
- 4 USB ports
- 40 GPIO pins
- Full HDMI port
- Ethernet port
- Combined 3.5mm audio jack & composite video
- Camera Interface (CSI)
- Display interface (DSI)
- Micro SD card slot (now push-pull rather than push-push)
- VideoCore IV 3D graphics core
- Raspbian is the official supported operating system.
- NOOBS is the easy installer for Raspbian and more.